Friday, February 15, 2008

Sharon's Rants Are Misguided

Ever since she returned to the house, Sharon has gone on and on and on about how Jakob was set up; they were screwed over for things that others, notably Ryan, had said about Parker.

Since this rant was first heard only a couple of hours after the incident had been shown on CBS, I knew this wasn’t the case. Ok, I wasn’t 100% sure, so this evening I watched the episode once again.

Here’s an awful edit I made of the incident:



Notice that it’s Jakob doing the majority of the talking. He’s the person saying that the only people he can trust is Adam and Alex. Ryan does pipe in to say he’s “on the same page”, but Jakob continues on to specifically attack Parker and Jen. “The worst people in the whole game are the Power Couple”, he says. “I don’t trust him…he’s in here only for the money, and that’s it. Backstabber. I get HOH, and they’re out. I think Parker is a snake.”

This is when Jen walks out, and in probably the dumbest move of the season so far he repeats this opinion. He does preface his statement to her with “let me tell you what people are saying about your partner”, but it’s clear when he says “Parker seems gutless” that it’s his opinion. Granted, Jen would have found out quickly enough as Ryan would have surely reported this incident to her, but I can’t think of anything worse than to tell a person’s partner they hate them.

0 comments: