Sunday, March 16, 2008

Reality TV in general

Production, casting...make or break reality tv.

My favourites are Big Brother and Survivor. Since we don't get to see live feeds of Survivor I'm not sure how much production effects outcomes. All their comps are pretty varied and contain multiple tasks to fit to different strengths in the contestants. e.g., swimming to collect puzzle pieces for others.

I've always questioned BB's comps. Sometimes they are just to geared towards a particular house guest. Someone the viewing audience adores is on the block and is good at trivia? Wow, veto comp will be trivia!

As for casting, I've noticed a lot of comments about the house guests this season. I guess it's all about ratings. Plain, normal people just don't do it. We need the quirkiness, the insanity. Strong, outrageous personalities that will clash. It gives us something to laugh at and gossip about. I noticed last season's Survivor was that - plain, normal people. No hotties, no amazing bodies, no showmances. I lost interest in it by episode 3. Wasn't even catching missed episodes online.


Ok, just something I was thinking about, as I found tonight's show really zzzzzzzz.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm i agree with you lil,
because I love survivor this time around, with ozzy and all the "faves"
and last time i didnt watch it.

Ashley said...

did you really just spell "favorites" with a u?

IndyMike said...

Damn Canadian....

Anonymous said...

"Damn Canadian..."????
LOL, don't mess "aboot" with us canucks or we will beat you with our hockey sticks, EH!
Lord Tunder and Jesus!!!

Lil said...

I think the only spelling I have changed is cheque. Everything else is still Canadian! Examples:

Grey
favour, colour, etc
theatre, centre, litre..
defence, licence..
pyjamas

Anonymous said...

How can you say bb was boring last time. What about Evil Dick, he was anything but boring. I hated him but had to turn in just to see what evil he was going to do, and his daughter Dani, what a witch. This years people are really boring, not much excitement this year. All these folks do is strip and go around naked. BORING

Scott said...

I haven't gossiped with Lil for almost a full week. She better be on Paltalk tomorrow!

Lil said...

umm anonymous? If you read my post, I said survivor was boring last year, not BB.