Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big Brother Starts Today.

"ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Have you considered whether to start giving the houseguests headlines from the outside world, if only to improve some of those excruciating poolside discussions?

ALLISON GRODNER: Since when have Big Brother contestants ever cared about politics? Seriously, I wish they would. That's the genius of Big Brother contestants, because in order to subject yourself to this kind of thing, there is a certain level of narcissism that makes you not give a damn about the outside world. Why aren't they discussing things of political importance? Because honestly, they care about themselves. Maybe we'll have a competition where we make them vote. You can't leave the house unless you vote. How about that?"


It's snowing outside, I can't believe Big Brother starts today. One of the worst things about being in the house in my eyes is being completely cut off from worldly news. Rarely do I turn on a local tv station for real news, but I'll flip on CNN or the BBC if I'm feeling regal. I love that no one involved with the show hides the fact that the contestants on this show are here for nothing but exploiting their own issues and splattering them all over the internet and television for all to call up whenever we remember. After watching the show, it's so obvious that the money is secondary. The spot on the show alone is worth being even the first evicted [in this case the first ~couple~ evicted] to these people. You can see it on their smug faces when they walk into the kitchen to make a chicken quesadilla..fuck them. I'd love to hear some contestants have an actual conversation..the only problem is, they don't allow pot in the house.

B

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actual conversation might be interesting to the internet watchers but I doubt any of it would ever make it to air on the show. The mass of BB viewers just want to be entertained and being brought up to date on house happenings having not seen the feeds. They are very smug usually aren't they.

On a side note, as the season is about to start, I just want to send out a Thanks In Advance to the folks writing on this site. This web stuff adds another layer to my enjoyment of the show and I hope we have a great season.